Poll: Which game would you rather play? Be honest, it's anonymous.

Maguss
WB - Cases from the Wizarding World
I will play both
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Big news - not so good for Maguss (doesn't change anything though)

#1 zatokar
Hello Guys,

I am not sure whether you have already heard about the fact that Warner Broos and Mediatonic got together and produced the game better described in their PR over here:
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20...s%E2%84%A2

They plan to release it on 17th November and its purpose is somewhat not clear to me yet, but you should be able to do all kinds of stuff in the Harry Potter world. As they say here: "By discovering hidden objects, analyzing evidence, casting spells and brewing potions, players investigate unexplained happenings to uncover and protect the magical creatures at the center of every mysterious case."

This news are not so good for Maguss. That being due to several reasons:
1. They have much more money and far bigger network for marketing than we do which may result in us getting stumped in their ads and not getting enough exposure which may result in not getting enough funds to get this game as far as we were planning to.
2. Now we will be their direct competitor. Maybe I am being too optimistic, but we will definitely catch their attention in case we build a solid community of dedicated players. That may bother them and either try to partner up or tear us apart. We don't like any of that. We do not want to be torn apart and at the same time we want to go our own way in terms of world creation and have freedom in expanding our world.
3. At the point our closed beta is released, it may be very often compared with their official release which will most likely be more "finished" at that point. Not everyone understands terms closed beta vs official release which can generate more hate and discouragement of players.

There are couple of more concerns about this but I don't want to depress you with such thoughts so let's look at the bright side:
1. Our game may be far better and offer players what they would have expected from their game but haven't found it there.
2. I am still unsure, but their game doesn't seem to be AR, just a regular mobile game. It may result into something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2xm54UP52s, which in my opinion is not very attractive game, just a flat spellcasting. Though I might be wrong, I've never played it.
3. They don't have such a cool wand! Smile  I know not everyone wants to play with the wand, but with so many great looking skins that we plan to produce it will be a pleasure just to own one. (correct me if I am wrong)

Besides these "good" and "bad" facts I think we are targeting a little different audience so maybe we won't clash and all will be good.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts. I am eager to read them. You all here are smart guys and I want to hear some opinions, go on. Smile

Bear in mind that we are not giving up, ever!
Maguss Founder
#2 xaphan
Well, for a game laughing in november, there is not a lot of information about it ! Nor image or video footage for that matter. For what I understand, it will be more like a serie of investigations in the hp world, and we will have to visit some place to get some clue, and for that probably use spell and potion we will have to brew. Plus generally in this kind of game your are limited by energy, and have to wait to play again and do some action, so not very interesting in my opinion. It's more a game you play in the bus or transport.

But I might be wrong and the game might be something else. Wait and see
#3 Duerth
Thats actually great news as long as its not AR and will just be connected to the Fantastic Beasts movie. First of all nearly all games from movies suck, big time, besides a lot depends on the developer of this game, not the publisher, Warner Bros published huge amount of crappy games over the years and few great ones and that is for PC's haven't heard of decent WB game on phones but hey I'm more of a PC gamer so I might not know it. Far more importantly its a game branded as Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and by that it probably won't have any of things like houses or guilds, and other gameplay elements might be lacking as they wont fit the theme. Though this game might actually shine some more light on the Harry Potter scene and indirectly on this game. People might get interested in the theme of Harry Potter oriented mobile game and find this in the proces.
[Image: Belf_zps6456643a.jpg]
#4 xaphan
Yep for what I can find on Internet, it doesn't seem to be a big game, so no worries Big Grin
#5 Memnoich
Quote:a new hidden objects mobile game

I'm not sure you should be worried about this. granted there isn't much out about it, but from this and the description, it sounds more like a "Wheres Waldo" game. You visit a location, try and find certain objects to help you find "clues" for the over arching mystery
Quote:Players are able to share their wizarding world experience with friends and fellow recruits by logging into Facebook to see each other’s progress and lend a helping hand
This doesn't say AR to me, this really sounds like more of a puzzle game then what you are producing.

Here's spell casting:
[Image: afyde-app-captura-3.jpg][Image: Screen-Shot-2016-10-17-at-11.47.28-AM.jpg][Image: Screen-Shot-2016-10-17-at-11.47.35-AM.jpg]

More can be found here:
http://www.harrymedia.com/categories.php?cat_id=1742

But it really doesn't look like anything to be worried about.
[Image: splitter.png]
[Image: GCZeJrZ.png]
#6 jhamm
My honest opinion is that this is nothing to fear. Games like these don't last long and we don't have any news on it at all. Will it be an AR game? Will it even be similar to games like Ingress and Pokemon go? We simply have no clue.
I don't know if I will play it, maybe I will, but it really depends on it's quality and what kind of game it is.

So yeah don't get worried just because it says harry potter on it. At least with Maguss we know what game to expect and it's no secret that I have high expectations of you because Maguss looks freaking fun!

Also, don't forget why some people love indies and even prefer them. Developers actually listen to you and your thoughts about the game. They quickly try to sort out issues and they don't only look at the money, they make a game they think they would enjoy playing themselves!
jhamm
Moderator and member of the circle of the guilded
#7 BlackHellion
I will sure suport maguss with an alpha axess and i hope it will keep my interest. And the wb game is anaunced as hiden object game. So i imagine more a "search this list of objects in a pic with 1000 objects game".
From the Darknes we come. And when you see us coming, then you are better than the most.
#8 Neem Amaro
I will not lie, maybe I'll download the Warner version to see what it is, for now i just read about in a website. For being a Potterhead, I will not miss this game too. But view of the current enthusiasm that I see in my country about the Fantastic Beasts movie, I think this game will not be very interesting compared to Maguss.
This is just a publicity for the film among many others that will soon follow.
But no worries, your project is much more interesting than a game created just to make money on the backs of the fans.
#9 Tetshuna
(10-18-2016, 07:11 PM)zatokar Wrote: Hello Guys,

I am not sure whether you have already heard about the fact that Warner Broos and Mediatonic got together and produced the game better described in their PR over here:
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20...s%E2%84%A2

They plan to release it on 17th November and its purpose is somewhat not clear to me yet, but you should be able to do all kinds of stuff in the Harry Potter world. As they say here: "By discovering hidden objects, analyzing evidence, casting spells and brewing potions, players investigate unexplained happenings to uncover and protect the magical creatures at the center of every mysterious case."

This news are not so good for Maguss. That being due to several reasons:
1. They have much more money and far bigger network for marketing than we do which may result in us getting stumped in their ads and not getting enough exposure which may result in not getting enough funds to get this game as far as we were planning to.
2. Now we will be their direct competitor. Maybe I am being too optimistic, but we will definitely catch their attention in case we build a solid community of dedicated players. That may bother them and either try to partner up or tear us apart. We don't like any of that. We do not want to be torn apart and at the same time we want to go our own way in terms of world creation and have freedom in expanding our world.
3. At the point our closed beta is released, it may be very often compared with their official release which will most likely be more "finished" at that point. Not everyone understands terms closed beta vs official release which can generate more hate and discouragement of players.

There are couple of more concerns about this but I don't want to depress you with such thoughts so let's look at the bright side:
1. Our game may be far better and offer players what they would have expected from their game but haven't found it there.
2. I am still unsure, but their game doesn't seem to be AR, just a regular mobile game. It may result into something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2xm54UP52s, which in my opinion is not very attractive game, just a flat spellcasting. Though I might be wrong, I've never played it.
3. They don't have such a cool wand! Smile  I know not everyone wants to play with the wand, but with so many great looking skins that we plan to produce it will be a pleasure just to own one. (correct me if I am wrong)

Besides these "good" and "bad" facts I think we are targeting a little different audience so maybe we won't clash and all will be good.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts. I am eager to read them. You all here are smart guys and I want to hear some opinions, go on. Smile

Bear in mind that we are not giving up, ever!

it would seem a point-and-click game, an app to use the toilet XD
duration: two days for fans
#10 jhamm
Also the wand you have created is amazing, I'm gonna Swish and Flick the hell out of that one when I get it Big Grin
jhamm
Moderator and member of the circle of the guilded