• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Soares
So I've noticed that Maguss is absolutely destroying my data. With games such as Pokémon Go in which the user is suggested to go out and explore, data is an important thing to consider, I can play GO for hours and use a fair amount of data. With the amount I have I definitely wont be able to play Maguss as much as I would like before my cycle resets at the beginning of each month. Hows everyone else finding data usage? Should I expect more by the time the game is fully released? is their anything that can be done to reduce this?
#2 Robyn Oakwise
That is a great question.

Let's do a test? 
Set our tool, what ever you pick to track data, to zero. Play for a chunk, two hours is probably good to start with. Post it here? To be clear, only post data that is flagged as specific to Maguss. Total data use during a time chunk would not be useful at all.

Tool: 
Data use: 

Thoughts?
#3 Robyn Oakwise
(06-08-2017, 03:27 PM)Robyn Oakwise Wrote: That is a great question.

Let's do a test? 
Set our tool, what ever you pick to track data, to zero. Play for a chunk, two hours is probably good to start with. Post it here? To be clear, only post data that is flagged as specific to Maguss. Total data use during a time chunk would not be useful at all.

Tool: 
Data use: 

Thoughts?

Player: Robyn Oakwise
Phone: Motorola Droid Z force
Tool: Built in data usage tool found in settings.
Period: 2 hours
Activities: 15 miles exploration, extensive herb collection, minimal monster interaction, 1 chest, 5 potions made.
Battery usage: 34% used
Data: 0.02GB
#4 Soares
(06-08-2017, 05:58 PM)Robyn Oakwise Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 03:27 PM)Robyn Oakwise Wrote: That is a great question.

Let's do a test? 

Tool: 
Data use: 

Thoughts?

Player: Robyn Oakwise
Phone: Motorola Droid Z force
Period: 2 hours
Activities: 15 miles exploration, extensive herb collection, minimal monster interaction, 1 chest, 5 potions made.
Battery usage: 34% used
Data: 0.02GB

Really!? That's interesting, im currently at work so I haven't been able to test it. but ive turned it on a couple times just to check the area (so maybe approximately 20 minutes gametime?) and im already at 20Mb used. Perhaps the startup takes allot more Data then actual use thus why mine is so high (due to the repeated process of initializing the app). Ill test it out and post my findings in a few
#5 PaulMichaelTM
Can we use Wifi instead of data? While I'm on campus I am connected to wifi.
#6 Memnoich
it will use both,it just depends upon how you are connected.
[Image: splitter.png]
[Image: GCZeJrZ.png]
#7 BlueroseSyn
I think that goes for any program that uses data. It doesn't care where it comes from. Just so long as it can connect to the internet. The quality of connection may make things more difficult depending on how the Wi-Fi works and what kind of people are running it. Some require log-in's and stuff before you have full access and they may not let you use the service in that way in the user agreement. So it is best if you read that to make sure it is okay first. And you may be limited to how much data you can have at one time.*

*Just to note, I am not an expert at this stuff. This is just what I observed from the various 'free'/'dedicated' Wi-Fi's I have tried out. So feel free to correct me on any of the nonsense I have spouted. It would actually be a great learning experience for all of us!
#8 Vendraen
I can confirm that the game, for me, has fairly inappropriately high data usage. I've had the key under 24 hours, and I don't play away from Wi-Fi very often - but so far, it's used 41.xx MB of mobile data, according to Android's built-in tools for checking such.

This is in contrast to Pokémon Go, which I've been playing for my whole billing cycle (22 days - and I'm a pretty heavy player), which has used 102 MB of mobile data.

So basically Maguss has in less than 24 hours, used close to half of what Pokémon Go used in 22 days.
#9 Vendraen
I'm confirming it's NOT an oddity with Android O beta - my wife is a backer as well and is on N and she's seeing the same inappropriately high (as compared with PoGo and Ingress) mobile data usage.

Battery inefficiency and high data usage are two things that can turn people off to a mobile game. Hopefully those are relatively easy to fix!
#10 Xevion
Phone: Nexus 5X
Period: 40 minutes
Activities: walked 4km, battled like 4 monsters, picked up 4 herbs and brewed one potion.
Battery usage: 30% used.
Data: 10MB (I had preloaded as much as possible before I went out for a walk)