• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Resets, Open Beta, etc?

#1 Bloodilicious
Hi.

I have some questions concerning a possible pledge.
I'm surprised to find that I couldn't find anyone else asking this before but I might have missed a thread.
I'm sorry if that is the case.

But to make this as simple as possible.

The game is still in alpha and frequent rests is probably to be expected until the game is finalized.

1. What will happen to the pledge rewards in the event of a reset?
“Ring of the Ancients”, “Amulet of the Ancients”, "Starter set of ingredients", "Redeemable code of magic dust", "Premium VIP account with no limitations", "In-game title of “Devoted Founder”.
Will all of these things be restored? Will you be able to "re-use" the redeemable code for magic dust?

2. Open Beta will open Summer 2017. Right?
From my own understanding summer is June, July and August. I really wouldn't call September a summer month.
But the early closed beta access for the $29 pledge begin on the first of August?
Will the closed beta really only last for a month at most before open beta or is the open beta planned to be postponed?

3. Are the plegdes "worth it" from a consumer point of view?
Which pledge give you "most bang for your buck"?
Basically what is the "retail value" in your sense of Maguss?
My finances are not great enough that I can afford to donate money without gaining the value of the money in return.
I'm basically at a point considering buying exercise items, a gym card or otherwise spend money on something to get my ass moving and to make me feel "forced" to use it to regain the value I spent.

Yes, I'm the weird guy who likes to try new food and still eat it all even if it taste awful purely because "I paid for it".
Though I'd really love for Maguss to be a five star dinner with dessert.
#2 BlkSabbath74
(07-06-2017, 10:58 AM)Bloodilicious Wrote: Hi.

I have some questions concerning a possible pledge.
I'm surprised to find that I couldn't find anyone else asking this before but I might have missed a thread.
I'm sorry if that is the case.

But to make this as simple as possible.

The game is still in alpha and frequent rests is probably to be expected until the game is finalized.

1. What will happen to the pledge rewards in the event of a reset?
“Ring of the Ancients”, “Amulet of the Ancients”, "Starter set of ingredients", "Redeemable code of magic dust", "Premium VIP account with no limitations", "In-game title of “Devoted Founder”.
Will all of these things be restored? Will you be able to "re-use" the redeemable code for magic dust?

2. Open Beta will open Summer 2017. Right?
From my own understanding summer is June, July and August. I really wouldn't call September a summer month.
But the early closed beta access for the $29 pledge begin on the first of August?
Will the closed beta really only last for a month at most before open beta or is the open beta planned to be postponed?

3. Are the plegdes "worth it" from a consumer point of view?
Which pledge give you "most bang for your buck"?
Basically what is the "retail value" in your sense of Maguss?
My finances are not great enough that I can afford to donate money without gaining the value of the money in return.
I'm basically at a point considering buying exercise items, a gym card or otherwise spend money on something to get my ass moving and to make me feel "forced" to use it to regain the value I spent.

Yes, I'm the weird guy who likes to try new food and still eat it all even if it taste awful purely because "I paid for it".
Though I'd really love for Maguss to be a five star dinner with dessert.

1) You won't receive those perks until after the game goes live, so you won't lose them.

2) I think they said after summer, or late summer, so probably August/September. I can't speak for the Devs, but they may go straight into Open Beta from Alpha.

3) There haven't been any prices listed, but from my understanding, the packages will be worth their value, regardless of the Alpha Key, in terms of the money you pay for the items you receive.

I would say that the packages are well worth it. I never considered it 'paying to play the Alpha test,' I considered it an investment in a game that I want to do well. The items you receive from the package should be equivalent to the price of the package, and testing has just been an added bonus.
I skewered him where he sat and saw the startled expression on his face as the wound began to flame.

"Oh, basely done!" he cried. "I had hoped for better of thee!"

"This isn't exactly the Olympic Games," I said, brushing some sparks from my cloak.

- The Courts of Chaos, Roger Zelazny