• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

less populated areas

Question
#1 soseg
first of all,after i accidently found this game on indiegogo i instantly chipped in,looks awesome and promising but a problem arise,what will happen in less populated areas? where there are significant less players than lets say,new york? will it affect monsters spawn rate\items or whatever? in pokemon go it was an issue really,and i hope u guys have an idea so it wont happen here too.
#2 Memnoich
The Devs have mentioned that they want to prevent this from happening and so have a few ideas on how they plan on preventing it. Most of the spawns will be based off of location tags associated with the map, but how those tags associate with what gets spawned hasn't been laid out. They hope, and so does it seem many of us, that the lower population areas will have just as much playability as those in higher populated areas. In fact, they are wanting to have spawns outside of town in more natural settings, but it basically comes down to what they said, if you have GPS and Data signal, you should be able to play.
[Image: splitter.png]
[Image: GCZeJrZ.png]
#3 soseg
what u mean with location tags? like specific locations as monuments,parks,malls etc.?
#4 MrPalmi
In google maps areas have been taged, there are POI (restaurants, shops...) but also zones like river, forest, mountain, beach...
#5 Memnoich
so for instance, they could set it so that anything with a tag of "Bridge" has a chance to spawn a troll.
[Image: splitter.png]
[Image: GCZeJrZ.png]
#6 Deinara
Haha I can totally imagine ocean beach (in California) covered in a bunch of zombified phone people XD already so busy with tourists.

I'm really hoping they play up the natural elements. Smile

Also soseg they have said you can access dueling and whatnot remotely, so you dont necessarily need other nearby players. Biggest potential difficulty with playing alone I can see is when they add multiplayer dungeons, if they dont scale the dungeon difficulty to party size they would be much harder without cooperation, but my hope is they will scale to party size at least somewhat. (for example if you bring 3 people, the boss has 2.5-3x as much health as it would for a solo player, so it is still a challenge)
#7 Starius
(11-04-2016, 06:10 PM)Deinara Wrote: Also soseg they have said you can access dueling and whatnot remotely, so you dont necessarily need other nearby players. Biggest potential difficulty with playing alone I can see is when they add multiplayer dungeons, if they dont scale the dungeon difficulty to party size they would be much harder without cooperation, but my hope is they will scale to party size at least somewhat. (for example if you bring 3 people, the boss has 2.5-3x as much health as it would for a solo player, so it is still a challenge)

You know, I like this idea. But I also like the idea of going for an increased challenge option if available. 
Some of my fondest memories in EverQuest II  involve a friend and I "duo'ing" our way through content designed for larger groups. It took us longer and wasn't easy, but was very satisfying when we succeeded. 

So if I encountered a dungeon in Maguss, as a single player, I might on occasion like to try my hand at soloing the group path - if I was stocked up on heal potions, etc. Far greater risk and difficulty, but with the promise of greater reward at the end.
#8 Deinara
Yeah thats why I was thinking of sorta scaling (also maybe with single player dungeons that are designed for one player and maybe without coop option).

But a system for those designated multiplayer maybe where it is not linear (2 -> 2x as hard 3-> 3x as hard) but more like a curved scaling difficulty (if you bring 1 person to a 3 person dungeon it is 1/2 as hard, not 1/3). That means it isnt impossible, just much more challenging to solo (tbh I feel like once you get to soloing a 3 person dungeon, its a little too hard, but if it scales down slightly ... worth a try) Not necessarily that exact scale, but something like the idea would be super nice.
#9 soseg
maybe u could shout an LFM msg if ur missing people,and u could take advantage of that remote system abit more,if dungeons are not solo-able,i mean(but it is required that the party\group leader will be infornt of the entrance)
#10 Starius
(11-04-2016, 07:47 PM)soseg Wrote: maybe u could shout an LFM msg if ur missing people,and u could take advantage of that remote system abit more,if dungeons are not solo-able,i mean(but it is required that the party\group leader will be infornt of the entrance)

You bring up a potential solution to grouping in lower population areas...

The possibility of remote grouping (opposed to just remote pvp) could allow a lone player to participate in group dungeon content they normally wouldn't have access to.

For example, a person comes across a group dungeon (in his real environment) but they are by their lonesome. The person then invites two of their "online" friends to join him.
While he physically navigates the real world path, his online friends remotely share his dungeon adventure and can participate and share in the rewards. 

This would help people who don't have friends locally who play as well as allow people to access dungeons they might never have a chance to experience otherwise, due to geographical hindrances.