• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Prolonging campaign and moving Alpha release

#1 zatokar
Hey guys, this is an official message that we have posted on our campaign:

Dear backers,

We have an important news for you.
After the recent events and a careful deliberation we have decided to prolong the campaign for another 10 days.
Now it is time to explain why.
In the past few days we made a very interesting deal. We would be very glad to disclose to you all the details but, unfortunately, we are legally bound not to. However, the important thing is that it will allow us to improve the game even more. The extra 10 days provide us with enough time to bring you even better alpha version of the game to satisfy your curiosity.
We have also noticed a significant increase in the news coverage of our project. That means all the people that haven't heard about Maguss yet will have a chance to look at our campaign and, hopefully, contribute. We are pretty sure there is a lot of players who would love to play the game only if they heard about it.
And finally, with all the extra time we will be able to raise more money and possibly reach the first stretch goal, Advanced Group Play.
We want to stress that besides prolonged campaign nothing changes. We will still deliver the alpha version of the game first to you, even though 10 days later than we have imagined. Stay tuned and let us bring you the magical experience in a bit.
Until the next time,
Maguss Team

We know it may disappoint few of you, but we really hope you trust in what we do and why we are doing it and that you are aware that it is for the good of this project. We want to make your first impression the best we can!

Be a little more patient and we'll do all we can to make the game you would love to play.

We know you would understand! If you have any doubts or questions, feel free to share it with us, we are here for you.
Maguss Founder
#2 Deinara
Will the other releases still happen at the scheduled times? (closed beta, open beta, wand shipments)

Also will you be able to tell us more about the deal when the alpha is released?
#3 Memnoich
@Zatokar -
First, we want an awesome game.
Second, We want an Awesome Game!

It is understandable that you have decided to prolong the campaign, really another week and a half of Dev and fund gathering, come on, that's a drop in the bucket. We are so close to that first stretch goal, $85k roughly now, a few more days to help get the funds for it would be great. The momentum on this game unfortunately took some time to get really rolling, but that's just it, it's really rolling now. The new players coming in, the new backers joining up, it would be a shame to stop it while there is so much going on, when just a few more days could make it that much more Awesome.

I hope this new deal you have work out will help you guys to Develop the game you want and we hope for. No Worries Zatokar, we have faith that your are trying to do right by us. While there may be a little disappointment, I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

(11-09-2016, 11:28 PM)Deinara Wrote: Will the other releases still happen at the scheduled times? (closed beta, open beta, wand shipments)

Also will you be able to tell us more about the deal when the alpha is released?

Maguss Development Team Wrote:Campaigner
28 minutes ago
Hello Cory, we know how it may feel! But trust us on this, it's for the good of this project. Yes it will affect Beta release too. Everything is moved 10 days back.
[Image: splitter.png]
[Image: GCZeJrZ.png]
#4 zatokar
(11-09-2016, 11:28 PM)Deinara Wrote: Will the other releases still happen at the scheduled times? (closed beta, open beta, wand shipments)

Everything will be delayed 10 days. All has been moved. 

I will tell you more only if it succeeds Smile. And when it succeeds, you will see for yourself.
Maguss Founder
#5 QuantumSnow
Actually I'm pretty happy and not very disappointed. For me the additional waiting builds up even more excitement. And you know, anticipation is the greatest joy Big Grin.
May the force be equal to mass times acceleration.
#6 zatokar
(11-10-2016, 08:50 AM)QuantumSnow Wrote: Actually I'm pretty happy and not very disappointed. For me the additional waiting builds up even more excitement. And you know, anticipation is the greatest joy Big Grin.

I like that approach! Smile))
Maguss Founder
#7 xaphan
YOU'VE GOT A DEAL TO USE THE HARRY POTTER LICENSE ?!?
Please, please, please Big Grin
#8 jhamm
(11-10-2016, 09:49 AM)xaphan Wrote: YOU'VE GOT A DEAL TO USE THE HARRY POTTER LICENSE ?!?

Sorry, but that's not it. I don't know the exact deal, but I know enough to be sure that that's not what they are getting. Also I think this game will be pretty cool without a license like that attached to it. This way they can create whatever they want and doesn't have to ensure it fits in a Harry Potter style.
jhamm
Moderator and member of the circle of the guilded
#9 Starius
(11-10-2016, 10:33 AM)jhamm Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 09:49 AM)xaphan Wrote: YOU'VE GOT A DEAL TO USE THE HARRY POTTER LICENSE ?!?

Sorry, but that's not it. I don't know the exact deal, but I know enough to be sure that that's not what they are getting. Also I think this game will be pretty cool without a license like that attached to it. This way they can create whatever they want and doesn't have to ensure it fits in a Harry Potter style.

Yeah, I would actually be disappointed if it was a Harry Potter license. I'm way more interested in something original here.
#10 Captain_kiwii
I don't want it to be tighted to the HP Ip either. I'm still curious about the deal...
Kind of sad for the delay, giving it makes beta happening really near christmas ( so less time to test ) but i can live with it.