• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Unlocked Phones [EDIT] Nevermind, Good Answers Provided [/EDIT]

#1 Grimm Liberty
Seriously, unless you WANT hacking players to ruin it all, please make it so the app will NOT run on unlocked phones. 
(There are at least three memory editors out now.... )

Thank you for your time and consideration. 

-Grimm
#2 zatokar
(09-18-2016, 04:01 PM)Grimm Liberty Wrote: Seriously, unless you WANT hacking players to ruin it all, please make it so the app will NOT run on unlocked phones. 
(There are at least three memory editors out now.... )

Thank you for your time and consideration. 

-Grimm

Hello Grimm,

thank you very much for an advice, we will definitely look into it.

Cheers.
Maguss Founder
#3 Paulius Ivaskevicius
Hello Grimm,

Maguss client does not have any control over the actual game, everything is done via server and client just displays appropriate data / screen. So memory editing will not effect the game. 
If you had in mind GPS spoofing, we are aware of that and appropriate actions will be taken to combat cheating players.
#4 Grimm Liberty
(09-18-2016, 05:24 PM)Paulius Ivaskevicius Wrote: Hello Grimm,

Maguss client does not have any control over the actual game, everything is done via server and client just displays appropriate data / screen. So memory editing will not effect the game. 
If you had in mind GPS spoofing, we are aware of that and appropriate actions will be taken to combat cheating players.

Well, I can think of a one thing that is probably client side(and therefore memory editable), namely "phone gesture"/"wand movement" = "completed correctly" flag. That seems like a pretty BIG thing in a "competitive" game...  If that is not the case then kudos for thinking if it first!
#5 Paulius Ivaskevicius
Thanks for your attention.
We are completely aware of that and we will make sure to prevent any kind of cheating. I can't go more in depth about this due to security reasons. And also, we already have solutions for these kind of problems (gesture/wand movement spoofing).
#6 QuantumSnow
As a user of an unlocked phone I obviously don't share this whish, but at the same time fully understand that one can be concerned about that.

Are there drawbacks of cheaters for other players, except for PvP?
May the force be equal to mass times acceleration.
#7 zatokar
(09-18-2016, 07:01 PM)QuantumSnow Wrote: As a user of an unlocked phone I obviously don't share this whish, but at the same time fully understand that one can be concerned about that.

No worries, I don't think we would just cut off so many people with unlocked phones. Of course if we must, we would do that, but before we do that we will make sure there are no other ways to keep hackers away. So you shouldn't concern about it.
Maguss Founder
#8 Grimm Liberty
Awesome to hear!
Most of the games I play where multiplayer is a thing seem rife with cheaters.

These answers make me feel good about this title AND including everyone.
(I want to iterate that I have nothing against unlocked phone users in general. It was just my bad experiences talking.)
#9 QuantumSnow
(09-18-2016, 11:17 PM)zatokar Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 07:01 PM)QuantumSnow Wrote: As a user of an unlocked phone I obviously don't share this whish, but at the same time fully understand that one can be concerned about that.

No worries, I don't think we would just cut off so many people with unlocked phones. Of course if we must, we would do that, but before we do that we will make sure there are no other ways to keep hackers away. So you shouldn't concern about it.

Awesome Smile.
For Android, there isn't even much use to blocking rooted users because on such a device it's pretty easy to hide that from any App you like. I don't know about iOS, though.
May the force be equal to mass times acceleration.
#10 zatokar
(09-19-2016, 12:58 AM)Grimm Liberty Wrote: Awesome to hear!
Most of the games I play where multiplayer is a thing seem rife with cheaters.

These answers make me feel good about this title AND including everyone.
(I want to iterate that I have nothing against unlocked phone users in general. It was just my bad experiences talking.)

We truly appreciate your insights. We will make sure we prevent all harm to our players or game we can.
Maguss Founder