• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Preparation phase, glyph deviation tolerance

#1 Lilithian
Any1 else feels that the preparation phase of a turn is too short?

Also, the tolerance of glyph deviance should be even greater.

Imho the glyph drawing is interesting aspect of the game, but kinda limits and punishes players with weaker motorics. Some people have light neurosis which makes their hands shake a little. Also the stress element of battle can cause this. And many other aspects can cause player to lose the battle by simple failure of body, not mind.

Maybe Im taking this a little bit too far but I wanted to stress out the issue Smile

Also, some glyphs r still being registered as others. The most bugged is creeping death x heal serious wounds.  Consider changing the glyph shape completely.

Void shadow assassin of Highmoon brotherhood

Achieved lvl 50 in Alpha 2.0 on 27.1.2017

Device info:
Archos 55 diamond Selfie
Android 6.0.1

Maguss - CZ FAN facebook community admin. PM me for invite Smile

#2 Memnoich
(12-13-2016, 10:36 AM)Lilithian Wrote: Also, the tolerance of glyph deviance should be even greater.

Also, some glyphs r still being registered as others. The most bugged is creeping death x heal serious wounds.  Consider changing the glyph shape completely.

this is why the fault tolerance is tricky, make it too lax and then it starts picking the wrong spell.
[Image: splitter.png]
[Image: GCZeJrZ.png]
#3 MarlocFavirzal
(12-13-2016, 10:36 AM)Lilithian Wrote: Any1 else feels that the preparation phase of a turn is too short?

I find that the length of the preparation phase encourages players to become more familiar with their spells and helps them work on increasing speed and accuracy.

For me personally, I have 2 different rotations that I go through depending on PVE or PVP. I can usually finish all 5 slots well before the prep phase is over.
#4 Lilithian
(12-13-2016, 02:37 PM)Memnoich Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 10:36 AM)Lilithian Wrote: Also, the tolerance of glyph deviance should be even greater.

this is why the fault tolerance is tricky, make it too lax and then it starts picking the wrong spell.

(12-13-2016, 05:14 PM)MarlocFavirzal Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 10:36 AM)Lilithian Wrote: Any1 else feels that the preparation phase of a turn is too short?

I find that the length of the preparation phase encourages players to become more familiar with their spells and helps them work on increasing speed and accuracy.

For me personally, I have 2 different rotations that I go through depending on PVE or PVP. I can usually finish all 5 slots well before the prep phase is over.

Hence reworking some glyph shapes.

Spells avalible atm are few. We can expect alot more in future.

Void shadow assassin of Highmoon brotherhood

Achieved lvl 50 in Alpha 2.0 on 27.1.2017

Device info:
Archos 55 diamond Selfie
Android 6.0.1

Maguss - CZ FAN facebook community admin. PM me for invite Smile

#5 Memnoich
(12-13-2016, 10:03 PM)Lilithian Wrote: Spells avalible atm are few. We can expect alot more in future.
MANY more spells, which means getting those tolerances down will still be an issue, even with different glyphs. They have to make the glyphs possible in the allotted time, without making them too similar so that they get confused as to which spell you are trying to cast.
[Image: splitter.png]
[Image: GCZeJrZ.png]
#6 Tereza Kulovaná
Here is a view of a clumsy player. Almost every turn there is one glyph I have to redraw two or three times. Little bit of time would help. On the beginning of the turn I usually have small lag so my first glyph counts as only half of shape I drew. About in about half cases I am to unable to fill all the slots.