• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 David Vanicek
Hello Maguss team,

I'd like to ask you few question regarding trading in the game. 
Will there be an in-game shops to buy and also sell our stuff? Or we will have just to empty our inventories when they are full by destroying items (as in this super-hyped Poketrash GO )?
Are you planning on adding possibility to trade with other players as well? So I can create some items for friends who may want to join the game later and it will be easier for them to catch up with me?

Thanks.

David
#2 zatokar
Hey David,

good question! Items can be sold directly from your inventory, some of them, such as quest items can be only destroyed if needed. We haven't fully designed the trading system but it's definitely our plan to support socialization as much as possible, that involves trading and collaboration between players that may have been specialized in different professions.

Ex. You may be the best explorer in the town collecting the most rare ingredients around the area while your friend may brew extra powerful potions by using them.
Maguss Founder
#3 YummySpy
In that case, will we have a trade limiter so if a newbie joins someone can't make them op?
Come and email me for help or if you have any questions! C.OBrien2610@gmail.com

#4 zatokar
(09-26-2016, 03:07 PM)YummySpy Wrote: In that case, will we have a trade limiter so if a newbie joins someone can't make them op?

As I said, it's not designed yet. But most likely there will be something. If not that, then something similar to Grand Exchange in RuneScape could be used.
Maguss Founder
#5 dhyde79
(09-26-2016, 03:07 PM)YummySpy Wrote: In that case, will we have a trade limiter so if a newbie joins someone can't make them op?

in my experience from playing ingress, if you're level based for strength, the logical corrolation is to make gear also level based (in ingress, level 1-8 resonators, bursters, power cubes) where you can use items equal to your level or below, which would be easy enough to do...much like PoGo has different levels of potions and pokeballs that you obtain at different player levels...however, if there's no such level variance in equipment, then you have no worries about a new player being able to be over powered, because the gear they can find is equal to what someone could pass them...(maybe make the efficiency of said gear be based on player level?) I like to think of it from a tabletop RPG standpoint...result of using an item comes from the item, plus the level of the attribute and skill of the individual using the item, not just the item...(to put it into a real world term, think of effectiveness of a scalpel, the average person can grab one and stab something with it, and it'll do X damage, whereas someone that's more familiar with anatomy and physiology could do the same and it'll do Y damage, and someone truly skilled in the human body and use of a surgical instrument can do B damage if they don't want to harm someone with it, or could cause Z damage and be utterly devastating with it.)
#6 zatokar
(10-14-2016, 08:41 AM)dhyde79 Wrote:

in my experience from playing ingress, if you're level based for strength, the logical corrolation is to make gear also level based (in ingress, level 1-8 resonators, bursters, power cubes) where you can use items equal to your level or below, which would be easy enough to do...much like PoGo has different levels of potions and pokeballs that you obtain at different player levels...however, if there's no such level variance in equipment, then you have no worries about a new player being able to be over powered, because the gear they can find is equal to what someone could pass them...(maybe make the efficiency of said gear be based on player level?)  I like to think of it from a tabletop RPG standpoint...result of using an item comes from the item, plus the level of the attribute and skill of the individual using the item, not just the item...(to put it into a real world term, think of effectiveness of a scalpel, the average person can grab one and stab something with it, and it'll do X damage, whereas someone that's more familiar with anatomy and physiology could do the same and it'll do Y damage, and someone truly skilled in the human body and use of a surgical instrument can do B damage if they don't want to harm someone with it, or could cause Z damage and be utterly devastating with it.)

Good points, we are going to use gear tiers that will solve this more less just like you described Smile
Maguss Founder
#7 dhyde79
(10-14-2016, 11:49 AM)zatokar Wrote: Good points, we are going to use gear tiers that will solve this more less just like you described Smile

good to hear...more details on this would be awesomely helpful, maybe we (the community) can help parse the balance aspect based on previous game experience...

my primary complaint about the way that Ingress handles it is this: with their setup, once you exceed level 5, you really have to tie into your local community, lest you hit the wall of advancement because no matter how high your level is, you can't build higher than a level 5 "portal" because there are 8 "resonator" slots, in which you fill (1x L7 L8, 2x L5, L6, 4x L3, L4, or 8x L1, L2 if memory serves) but, the portal level is based on the average of the resonator levels, and, 8+7+6+6+5+5+4+4=45/8=5.625 = Lv 5, and, no matter how high of a level you attain (cap is 16) you never get better gear than when you hit Lv 8, so, there's little point to continue past there other than the "achievement hunting" mentality...and it really gets quite boring, even with a good community.

Having good gear balance, and good gameplay content that constantly updates, keeps stuff fresh, and people wanting to play.
#8 Memnoich
ah yeas, the Ingress Lvl Cap. I understand why they did it, they wanted to encourage team play at higher levels, the problem is, in some of the smaller communities, it was difficult to get "Team Players". here in my neck of the woods, we had a few players on our team, roughly 30-50, but it was hard to get them to commit to get together's. Past history of cheating, and betrayals, left a bad taste in many a mouth, so they were hard to trust others. A lot of times, when you finally got that trust built, other players stopped playing, so yeah, the team "Requirement" was actually detrimental in some of the more rural areas.
[Image: splitter.png]
[Image: GCZeJrZ.png]
#9 Essinem
It would be really awesome to see a trading post that everyone in the community can access and trade ingredients or maybe even items. But not make it about money, just trading . For example trading 2 crabapples for 3 moonstone. A luck potion for 30 crabapples. 10 potions for a piece of equipment. One player makes an offer, another accepts. I think it would be really helpful for players that dont have a friend they can trade with near by, they can still enjoy the game and get what they need.
#10 Memnoich
The Devs did talk about making a Trading Bazaar similar to what is in Runescape. There has been talk about making it regionally limited, all the way up to global. I'm hoping they go for Global, but being able to limit the area to display available trades, or the area to submit the trades to.
[Image: splitter.png]
[Image: GCZeJrZ.png]