• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Towers, Strongholds, Guildhalls, Places of power

#1 Memnoich
This idea is for locations, Personal Towers, Strongholds/fortress's, Guildhall's, places of power/Ruins.
  • Personal Tower - The ability to set a home location where your better equipment is for brewing, crafting, Item storage. you wouldn't carry your crafting table or brewing cauldron with you, nor would you carry all the potion/spell ingredients you have found if you don't need them. The Tower allows you to designate a specific area, i.e. your home, to store this equipment, as well as to use it for your skills when you are not on the go. Add in practice dummies for practicing spells, and you would have a Magnus's place of Security.
  • Stronghold/Fortress - Places to conquer that help with gathering of ingredients/money for use with spells, crafting, brewing. Designated parks or landmarks, that can be conquered and controlled, even defended if possible through remote duels.
  • Guildhall - Pocket dimension for local factions to meet up with other members to trade, strategize, plan raids and hunting groups. This could possibly even be a tie in app, that connects you to your faction, outside of game, split into regions/country/world chat, based off of distances you select, that is tied to the character on the main app, to try and limit inter-faction spoofing.
  • Place of Power/Ruins - Landmarks of high importance, Map Tags, that aid a faction base off of the element the POP/Ruin Represents. i.e. Seat of flame, if controlled your faction for the Area get a bonus damage output/resistance to all fire spells.
  • Regions - In Niantic's Game Ingress, the world is broken up into cells or regions. This allowed for the actions of the factions in that Region to affect only that region. This can be used to allow factions to affect others on their team/faction, by their accomplishment, helping to build this into a team game. i.e. you plan a raid for a Place of Power, taking control of which allows for an increase in power to you faction for that region.
[Image: splitter.png]
[Image: GCZeJrZ.png]
#2 Vernon Shacklebolt
Like this idea
#3 zatokar
Thanks for ideas Preston! Something like that we already have partly designed. We do have training dummy to train spells too. Also planning to implement fortresses as you mentioned.
In any case amazing ideas and we appreciate for taking part into helping us with that Smile
Maguss Founder
#4 Memnoich
as I assume you are quite busy narrowing things down, there's a limit to what we can see, so just figured I'd offer anything I can think of, for you guys to pick and choose through. Sorry if I mention things you already have planned, just take it as another vote for that idea Big Grin, but yes, I want to see this become something amazing, so will offer up anything I can think of, and then some!
[Image: splitter.png]
[Image: GCZeJrZ.png]
#5 Deinara
I'd just like to point out (though you have already probably thought about this) that you would probably need to add some capability to move a personal tower in case people move etc. Perhaps with a (relatively long) time limit to prevent exploitation.
Though I do like that idea (and the others) otherwise, especially the ruins idea.
#6 Starius
(10-20-2016, 09:23 PM)Deinara Wrote: I'd just like to point out (though you have already probably thought about this) that you would probably need to add some capability to move a personal tower in case people move etc. Perhaps with a (relatively long) time limit to prevent exploitation.
Though I do like that idea (and the others) otherwise, especially the ruins idea.

This could easily be addressed with an upkeep system of some sort.
For example, you must assemble the components and perform a spell to keep your tower on this plane of existence for, oh say a week or so. As long as you cast this spell every week, your tower remains. If for some reason you don't strengthen the spell again within the allotted time, your tower fades away once again into another realm of existence - where it remains until you cast the spell once again, where it appears at your current location.

The spell components for such a spell could be costly enough that you're not moving your tower all around willy nilly, but still obtainable enough that you could keep using it as a moderately active player.

Just an idea, anyways.
#7 QuantumSnow
(10-20-2016, 11:11 PM)Starius Wrote: This could easily be addressed with an upkeep system of some sort.  
[...]
The spell components for such a spell could be costly enough that you're not moving your tower all around willy nilly, but still obtainable enough that you could keep using it as a moderately active player.
[...]
But then the keeping up itself would be expensive and since you have to do it every week anyway you might as well move it every week. I would rather make the moving possible but very expensive.
May the force be equal to mass times acceleration.
#8 Starius
(10-21-2016, 09:23 AM)QuantumSnow Wrote:
(10-20-2016, 11:11 PM)Starius Wrote: This could easily be addressed with an upkeep system of some sort.  
[...]
[...]
But then the keeping up itself would be expensive and since you have to do it every week anyway you might as well move it every week. I would rather make the moving possible but very expensive.

True, but the upkeep cost for keeping it in this plane (in it's current location) could still be far less than the cost of starting the spell from scratch - dragging it to a new location in our plane of existence. Thus, negating the ease of moving it about every week opposed to just keeping it where it is.

Think of upkeep spells as "property taxes" vs a new tower placement spell as "buying a house." One is definitely easier than the other. Come tax time, people just don't go around buying new houses. They're pretty invested in it by that point.
#9 QuantumSnow
(10-21-2016, 12:04 PM)Starius Wrote: True, but the upkeep cost for keeping it in this plane (in it's current location) could still be far less than the cost of starting the spell from scratch [...]

Think of upkeep spells as "property taxes" vs a new tower placement spell as "buying a house."   One is definitely easier than the other.  Come tax time, people just don't go around buying new houses.  They're pretty invested in it by that point.
Ah, now I get your idea Smile.
May the force be equal to mass times acceleration.
#10 dhyde79
personal tower could be easy enough, make it be an item in which your gear is stored in a pocket dimension (think Bag of Holding) that you "cast a spell" to get access to your "home" regardless of where you are, but, while there, you can't see anything going on around you in the real world....